Tyrnävä offers a countryside vacation for the whole family that is full of fun and exciting things to do in a safe, relaxing setting. We are easy to reach – only 20 minutes from the Oulu Airport!
- Markkuu nature trail. The 10-kilometer trail with its hanging bridges offers regionally unique, meandering canyon terrain and is definitely worth a visit!
- The beautifully restored and atmospheric Dairy Street industrial district from the beginning of the 1900’s and Tyrnävä’s iconic Mill Library.
- Tyrnävä is known for its bustling seasonal events in tune with the harvest season and full of entertainment and culture.
- Our visitor farms with friendly animals welcome especially smaller visitors and invite your family to have a joyful day.
- Absolutely gorgeous vast landscape with its ever-changing colors to all directions. Be sure to bring your camera with you!
- Smoked gourmet burgers by the local BBQ Smokery.
- You probably didn’t know that you can also find an escape room here in the middle of the countryside! Test your wits and book in advance at: palkintila.fi
- Tyrnävä is known for it’s many villages, some of them award-winning. Be sure to check out the cultural programmes in central Tyrnävä as well as the villages of Temmes and Markkuu.
- World-class birdwatching. Tyrnävä’s fields get a lot of winged visitors from the nearby Liminganlahti Bird Sanctuary – it’s not a surprise that many significant bird sightings are made every year at our birdwatching spots!
- Tyrnävä is known for frisbeegolf. You can frisbeegolf on six different courses – each of them worth a visit! The popular, full-length, 18-lane frisbeegolf course in the Murto village draws hundreds of visitors each summer evening from the entire Oulu region.
Ask for more recommendations at the Visit Tyrnävä tourist information (Meijerikatu 3, p. +358 50 316 8775) or send a message using the contact form at the end of the page.